WHY CONSIDER SCHOOL OPTIONS?
Families consider school choices at various stages in their arc of their children’s school lives. Some of those families have long histories of attending independent schools, while others are contemplating the idea of school choice for the first time.
Here are some common reasons families think about guidance related to school:
- A child is beginning school or beginning a new level — e.g., moving from elementary to middle school
- A child is encountering challenges that seem intractable at his or her current school
- Parents sense that something is missing from their child’s current environment
- Parents seek a deeper understanding of a child’s academic or social challenges, including ways to address them
- Parents have been encouraged to seek a psycho-educational evaluation and want to learn more
- A child or parent is interested in learning more about other types of schools
- A family relocation makes continuing in a current school impossible
If any of these circumstances apply to your family, feel free to schedule an initial conversation by calling 301 367-3888, or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.